Sunday, June 17, 2018

Why this blog?

Welcome to NRI Education in India.

There are mainly two reasons I’m writing this blog.
     
First of all, this blog will be useful for those students with an American citizenship living in India, who want to understand how the education is different in India. It’s safe to say that there is a vast contrast between the Indian education system and the American education system, and these students face certain drawbacks as well as privileges when studying in India. When I moved to India back in 2011 and joined the 6th Grade in Bangalore, these differences became evident. The students, teachers, classrooms, food, management, curriculum, extracurricular activities, and so much more were new to me and I had to adjust to them. For all the students planning to do the same, it will be helpful if you read this blog and become acquainted with the changes you will face.

       Second, I also want to inform NRI students in India about what to expect during 11th and 12th grades. These two years are crucial, as they will decide which college you go to. If you wish to go to a college in India, the rules are different. There are certain guidelines to be followed, different from those of regular Indian citizens, in order to get an Indian college, for Medical as well as Engineering aspirants. It will also be helpful to learn about all the different colleges in India, their rankings and which ones will best suit you. I was surprised to see that many students weren’t aware of the advantages and disadvantages they have, with regard to education, because they hold an American citizenship. These students’ lives could have changed if they were informed earlier, and so I wanted to convey this information.

    In this blog you will find all the relevant details pertaining to the Indian education system and what to expect, based off my own personal experiences. These include:
  • The Shift: When?
  • Changes in School Life.
  • Change of education system and what it entails.
  • Studying changes.
  • Syllabus options: State Board vs ICSE vs CBSE vs IGCSE.
  • Choice of school.
  • The Primary years and the Middle School Years.
  • The High School Years.
  • Major changes in 11th and 12th Grades.
  • The plethora of exams.
  • SAT and Subject SAT's.
  • Colleges in India and choice of college.
In the next post, I'll publish info about me. It will include my education path from kindergarten to 12th grade and which college I got following this path. If this type of education plan is similar to what you have in mind, then this blog will definitely be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Choice of School.

Choice of School In this part I'll only be talking about Bangalore schools because I've lived here for 7 years and know a fair...